Ecologic Meeting January 15, 2009
Just as a reminder, our meeting time for this semester is now Thursday from 6:30-7:30pm in the EEC
We will be going back to the meeting format we started at the beginning of last semester, which is outlined here
- If you would like to sign up to be a leader, which would involve preparing a short ice breaker and a 10-15 minute activity, email Anasha(email@example.com)
Habitat for Humanity
- Habitat for Humanity would like to hold a fundraiser in which they sell the ceiling tiles in the EEC (the smaller square tiles bordering the space) to students or businesses, which they will paint and/or decorate.
- They will hold an opening party in the EEC, which will be beneficial to us because it will bring people and attention to the EEC.
Power Shift ’09 Conference
- Power Shift is from February 27th to March 2nd, it is a four day conference in Washington, D.C.
- There are a series of workshops, followed by a rally at the U.S. Capitol.
- We would be missing at least two days of classes
- If we register before January 25th, we can get a discount, so if you are interested in attending, try to let us know by next week’s meeting (Thursday, January 22)
- Everyone should check out the Power Shift ’09 website
- Plan Ecologic’s contribution, educational information, etc.
- Ciara, Tara, Mike, Sam
- Tom, Zach, Frank, Kristine, Hanna, Brittany
Events & Activities
- Planning GM week, Powershift, movie nights, hikes, etc.
- Joe, Jamie, Jen, Yau, Barrett
- Tom, Brittany
- Campus-wide sustainability marketing, using posters, flyers, Envirenns etc.