Ecologic Meeting November 9, 2010
- Everyone on the Ecotalk list?
- Dumpster dive this Saturday
- 12:30-2 with APO
- Tracking what people are recycling and discarding
- Movie on Friday (Collapsus)
- Hike or mural this weekend?
- Collar City summary
- Goals for the semester (Ideas)
- we should get something done for this first semester
- Get McNeil Room to switch reusable forks
- Plan Recyclemania?
- Poster for fixing leaks, turn lights off, take stairs instead of elevator
- Spoke about Quad hill construction
- Movie on at Friday 4:30pm Collapsus (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=160768460625320)
- Hike or mural painting this Sunday?
- Many people away this Sunday
- Ask the ecotalk list
- Jay discussed Collar City Infoshop meeting
- Spoke to Sage Climate Crisis about sustainability at Sage and at RPI
- Sage is very excited about Ecovative
- Talked about Ecovative
- We should visit Sage Climate Crisis and they should come visit EcoLogic
- Deborah is writing about plastic bottles for the Envirenss article next week.
- Amos Eaton and Sage 3303 doesn't have recycling bins
- You can email recycling at union.rpi.edu for other similar tips
- Do we want to do another project instead of Zero Waste Center?
- Consensus was no
- Jay say it seems like it is a one person job
- Marc says he needs help
- Some people did not know about the center
- We need to brainstorm places for Reuse and Recycling of stuff
- Food - Shwetha brought up Brent Solina's composter
- Plastic bags
- Grocery stores collect them
- We could reuse them in campus bookstore, dining halls, eateries, fathers, computing center, farmer's market
- Carry a base amount in the EEC
- Does Price Chopper collect non brand bags? Where do the bags go?
- Offer plastic bags in dispensers (locks?) that we make we refill for reuse
- Contact reslife for bag collection from dorms
- Ink cartridges
- Where does Union ink cartridge recycling go?
- Many stores collect them
- We should only collect balsa wood (other wood too much to handle)
- Recycling is probably not going to happen
- Reuse on campus could definitely happen
- Can they be reused possibly in an art project?
- Is there anyway to recycle them?
- Maybe collect (or promote) for proper disposal?
- We're going to discuss plastic bag waste reduction at rpi on ecotalk
- Deborah Kraft
- David Gellis
- Marc Latou
- Jay Walker
- Shwetha Sridhar
- Jennifer Spartz
- Kaori Bigler
- Chauncey Strode
- Call Price Chopper, Walmart, Hannaford and Troy Food Coop (Shwetha)
- Do they accept bags? (brand?, cleanliness?)
- What do they do with the bags?
- Contact the bookstore (Jay)
- Ask about their own bag recycling
- Contact computing center (Jennifer)
- Contact farmer's market (Jay)
- Contact reslife (Chauncey)
- Contact deco for plastic bag dispenser design
- Ecotalk discussion about plastic bags
- Contact dining services (Deborah)