Ecologic Meeting October 11, 2011
- If you could change one thing in your hometown to make it more sustainable, what would it be?
- Apple Picking
- Notebook making
- Discussion Topic
- Are big environmental organizations still working for the environment or are they working for profit? (are they legitimate?)
- Zack, public transportation
- Taylor, less trucks and more trains
- Paulina, more stuff within walking distance
- Jay, could be better public transportation but already good
- Jen H., everything
- Shwewtha, houses getting electricity from wind
- Elizabeth, less zoning and permits
- Jen S., more sidewalks
- Nikki, safer and cleaner
- Jeff, less farming land being developed
- Goold Orchards
- 2 AM Saturday
- Meet in EEC
- Large Environmental Organizations...are they legit or are they really for profit?
- Big Organic-is it really better for the environment? What about CA vs. local foods?
- Whether OWS could get too big
- Right now, it is a lot of different groups, not one unified movement, so that should help
- What we think about Big Media and how they cover stuff (like with OWS)
- What OWS has to do with the environmental movement
- "We need to make going green more cool and less hipster"
- Caring about environment-people often have to have personal experiences
- Religion and the environment
- Next week: talk about The Yes Men Fix the World
- Ask Kyle (car or van) and Anasha if they can be drivers (Elizabeth)
- Anasha says yes, he should be able to
- Ask Vasudha if they want to join us, espcially the sophomores since they have cars
- Jen H.
- Jen S.