Ecologic Meeting September 9, 2007
- Everyone with an EEC key, let us know you have one by updating the page: List of EEC Keys
We need to decide on a big project around campus to get us noticed. Some ideas that were thought up were:
- eSwap where we would have a table and people can bring electronics to be recycled.
- CFL (Compact Fluorescent Light) trade-in table
- Revamp recycling on campus to make it more appealing/inviting; ESW wants to work on this with us
- Do something such as a recycle-a-thon; perhaps coordinating it with American Recycle Day ( http://americarecyclesday.org/About_ARD/about_ard.html )
- We could also work on ensuring that all the lights on campus are using CFLs
- Put electric hand dryers to replace paper towels in the bathrooms on campus
Public Relations Officer
Ecologic is going to need an aggressive public relations campaign to get noticed by the campus (in addition to the projects we'll decide on). Elly is our Public Relations Officer right now, and since she'll be be putting a lot of time into the Terra Cafe, she's agreed to step aside if someone wants to take on that role. Anyone who may be interested should let us know.
In the near future we need to clean up the EEC and get open hours scheduled.
It would be good to get the wiki to become the central location for all things Ecologic.
There is an environmentally focused career fair at Pace University on October 4th: http://www.environmentalconsortium.org/taskforces/student/student_events.htm
Tomorrow (Monday) Plug Power (A local fuel cell company) is giving a lecture on sustainability in Low 3045 at 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM ( http://events.rpi.edu/event/showEventMore.rdo )
Also this week is a lecture on Sustainable Living Monday 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm at 1st United Presbyterian Church, 1915 5th Ave, Troy, NY. The lecture will be in the Fellowship Hall at 7pm.
Furthermore, there will be a Book Signing on Wednesday from 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm by Alex Wilson for "Your Green Home" at Market Block Books on River Street near Fulton
Later this week Frank will be sending out a survey as to when the best time for meetings is. Also discussed was whether we want weekly or biweekly meetings or perhaps one day one week and then a different day the next.
- Find Brandon from ResLife, and possibly get the EcoHall Challenge up and running again [He's the RD of North Hall for 2007-2008. I can talk to him if needed -- Jendrd 16:55, 1 February 2008 (EST)]
- Frank Tobia
- Tom Vancour
- Bev Bendix
- Sidney San Martin