Create an Account
The following are steps to create an account, in case you don't have one already:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the email address that you would like to have for your account, as well as the username you would like to use (generally either your RCS ID or your name).
- You will get an email from the wiki as well as an email from one of the wiki admins letting you know what your password is.
- Click on the link to confirm email. This will take you to the wiki.
- To change your password, go to this page: 
- Check the box that says "Remember my login on this computer" so that you stay logged in.
- Also, click on "my preferences" on the top right of any wiki page and change whatever you like.
- Write a little about yourself on your user page! Just click on the lefthand-most of the various things on the top right of every wiki page.
You can tell if you're logged in by checking the top right corner of the web page. If you are not logged in, you'll see your IP address, and a link that says "log in / create account". Click this button, and enter your user name and password. If you don't have an account, you should create one (see above).
Before you edit anything, make sure that you're logged in. If you are not seeing "edit" as an option, you are not logged in!
Here are a few resources that can help you understand what the wiki is and how to add and work on pages.
- Introduction to Mediawiki concepts
- How to create a page
These tutorials play at an extremely slow speed so you'll want to speed up the youtube video as much as possible using this link http://www.youtube.com/html5.
- How to create internal and external links (only watch until 3:18)
- How to use headings on pages (only watch until 2:05)
- How to make lists on pages (very important (at least watch until the end of the bulleted list section)
- Moving/Renaming a page (2X speed is too fast for this video)
Things you shouldn't have to do ever