This page will be the hub of all the activity for this project. Come here to find out who's doing what, when things are happening, share and collaborate ideas, host discussions, make announcements & suggestions, or anything else related to the Recycling Project.
- Project Lead: Jay Walker
We want to get everyone on campus to know about recycling, what they can recycle, and to bring recycling into their daily lives. This is to better the planet, and to cut the impact on our wallets (it's cheaper to recycle!).
Currently we have single stream recycling on campus but we do not have it everywhere and not everyone knows that we have it. Those are the two immediate issues, education and coverage. Eventually we aim to systematically analyze the status of recycling on campus, gather data on how much recyclable material goes into the waste stream, how much this costs RPI, and what can be done to change it. The group intends to compile their research into a case study and submit a proposal to the powers that be for review.
- Information Gathering
- Bin Tracking
- Recycling Publicity
- Jay Walker
- Ben Cohen
- Jennifer Wicks
- Deborah Kraft
The following organizations are working together to advance the Recycling Initiative:
If any other group would like to get involved contact: recycling|at|union|dot|rpi|dot|edu.
- Student Sustainability Task Force Recycling Coordinator: Jay Walker
- Rensselaer Union Director: Rick Hartt
- Environmental Health & Services Operations Specialist: Jen Wicks
- Ecologic President: Jay Walker
- Recycling Project and Recycling Project Tasks page updated (October 28, 2010)
- Meeting with Jerry Faiola about recycling system status (October 7, 2010)
- Recycling Project page updated (June 30, 2010)
- All Campus Recycling email sent out (June 29,2010)
- Recycling Project Tasks updated (June 25, 2010)
Main page: Recycling Project Meetings
Our meetings for Fall 2010 are from 4-4:30pm and from 5:30-6pm in Union 3606.
Main page: Recycling Project Tasks