Student Sustainability Task Force
The Student Sustainability Task Force is a body created by the RPI Student Senate to address broad issues of sustainability on campus. It is a focal point for all student clubs and interested parties on campus, and aims to transform RPI into a sustainable institution. Follow them on Facebook Here to stay up to date on current projects and news.
Meetings are in the Shelnutt Gallery on the third floor of the Union every Wednesday at 4:30pm.
Main article: SSTF proposals
The Student Sustainability Task Force is in the process of creating proposals for implementing sustainable practices and processes. We encourage proposals in any stage of completion, from nascent ideas to formal, polished write-ups. SSTF will decide which proposals it will focus on.
Student Energy Competition
Main article: Student Energy Competition
A proposal by Rob Chernow, the first Vice Provost for E*ntrepreneurship at Rensselaer. A challenge will be posed to the Rensselaer community: identify and implement energy-saving actions to reduce your carbon footprint at RPI, and win a fabulous prize!
- Main page: SSTF 08 RPI Vision Conference
The SSTF held a summit on sustainability entitled "What's Your Vision? Changing the Climate at RPI" at the start of the Spring 2008 semester.
To do: write a short summary of the conference here
- Sustainability Blog at RPI: Sustainability at Rensselaer
- SSTF Archive: Locked archive of work-in-progress (including meeting agenda & minutes, recycling reports, sustainability literature, etc.) .
- If you are affiliated with RPI, please email willil8 [at] rpi [dot] edu for access.
- I am in the process of transitioning this archive to the wiki. If anyone has ideas on how best to do this, please let me know. --Willil8 21:08, 31 March 2008 (EDT)
- I'm pretty sure there's no automated way. I would just copy/paste anything important, and we'll all help with the formatting when we have time. -Frank 08:48, 2 April 2008 (EDT)
- Main Page: SSTF vision statement
Our current mission and future vision for the SSTF and sustainability at Rensselaer
Membership & Bylaws
- Main page: SSTF membership
Thus far, "membership" is open to anyone who is interested. Please see the official bylaws about different kinds of membership.
Check out the list of SSTF members to see who's involved.
- Main page: SSTF Gathering