- April 26th 2012: I found that a spam bot had moved this talk page. At least I didn't delete it without checking the history. Anyways, this page had a rich history that no longer exists. Stupid spam. --Andere6 03:24, 27 April 2012 (UTC)
- Here's another "thing to keep track of". EcoLogic (actually me) paid for the domain www.rpi-ecologic.org. But the Union Sysadmins technically own it. They didn't set it up right and it just redirects to the Union homepage, but it used to invisibly redirect to the EcoLogic homepage. This address was useful since it made it easier for people outside of RPI to find us. Someone should talk to the Union Sysadmins about restoring the forward. Although you probably couldn't get money from the budget to pay for the domain, I'd be happy to renew it (which I think happens this year). --Kyle 23:24, 6 September 2007 (EDT)
- MyDomain, Inc. Our old webmaster originally bought the domain name, the Union Sysadmins somehow got control of it, and then we got a renewal for it in '06 and I knew the sysadmins wouldn't renew it, so I paid for a 2-year extension. According to the WHOIS information, the Union still "owns" it. I definitely paid less than $25/year for 2 years, though. --Kyle 22:24, 20 November 2007 (EDT)
- Kyle, I let this one get away from me. Can you pay for it for another year (or six months, or one month)? In that time we'll get the Union to own it and renew it on a regular basis. That really should be their job. I don't know what the process for this sort of thing is, but we'll have to find out. I'm sure other clubs do the same thing. Thanks Kyle. Don't spend a lot of money. -Frank 13:08, 25 March 2008
- I took care of it. http://rpi-ecologic.org/ now redirects to our webpage. -Frank 14:50, 24 October 2007 (EDT)
- www.rpi-ecologic.org still gets directed to http://www.union.rpi.edu/ -- Jendrd 01:27, 26 November 2007 (EST)
Heidi, I liked the Vasudha section you added, so I put it back after you took it away. Is there some reason you got rid of it? Let me know. -Frank 14:40, 17 October 2007 (EDT)
Eventually I'll find a better place to put things I need to remember. Until then, here they are.
- We should start keeping track of who comes to meetings and events. The concept of an "active member" is elusive for Ecologic. I mean, we're all relatively active, right? Except for those people on the list who no one ever sees. There's got to be a good reason to keep track, and I'll think of one soon. -Frank 18:32, 17 May 2007 (EDT)
- I am not really sure if this is the right place to put this but....
- I found a picture of recycled bottle chandeliers, perhaps for a new idea for the recycled bottle sculptures...
- Also is there recycled notebooks available in the EEC?
Thanks --Clarkj5 11:22, 19 September 2007 (EDT)
- I think this is a wonderful place to put it :-). It's a pretty neat idea that I don't think we've ever come up with before. -Frank 09:18, 20 September 2007 (EDT)
I'm not sure that the EcoHotline still works... --Kyle 14:53, 4 May 2007 (EDT)
- That's something we should check into one of these days. I'm planning on coming up with a method of keeping track of TODO items using the wiki, hopefully soon. There's definitely a lot of these little "we should probably check on that..." things to keep track of. -Frank 15:28, 4 May 2007 (EDT)
- The EcoHotline just sends a form email to Steve Davis's address. Maybe find out from Steve how to edit that website so the email goes to email@example.com?--Kyle 23:33, 4 July 2007 (EDT)
- The EcoHotline has been shut down and money is no longer allocated to pay for running it. -- Jendrd 01:23, 26 November 2007 (EST)
- Figure out, along with David, how to add Google calendars to these wiki pages. -Frank 07:58, 11 September 2007 (EDT)
- Resize the Ecologic logo for the wiki so that it fits better. -Frank 15:44, 25 September 2007 (EDT)
- Frank, is there a way to have multiple logos in the top left area of the screen on the first page to encompass all the clubs, and then change the logo when the viewer gets deeper into the website? -- Jendrd 01:25, 26 November 2007 (EST)
We've been getting hit with spam pretty hard lately, so I've added some anti-spam features. When anyone adds an external link to a page, it'll prompt you to perform some simple arithmetic to check if you're a human. Hopefully this will help the spam problem. -Frank 13:41, 26 February 2008 (EST)
Does anyone know where the sign about Rensselaer supporting wind energy came from? It is hanging up on the Low building facing east towards the courtyard between the Playhouse and Sage Dining Hall. I saw it there today. -- Jendrd 14:26, 21 April 2008 (EDT)